Frequently Asked Questions
These differ between universities. Most courses require you to satisfy the three criteria: NCEA, UCAT and Interviews. We encourage all students to contact the admissions officer of each course they are interested in to find out the specific entry requirements. The contact details for university health science faculties can be found in the University Contacts information sheet on our free downloads page. For a general overview of admissions requirements, please download our university admissions information sheet from our free downloads page.
Note that all MedEntry packages include a comprehensive University Admissions Guide, with valuable information about the admissions process.
Not necessarily! Entry into medicine in general is dependent upon three criteria: GPA, UCAT and interviews. The better your UCAT and interview performance, the lower the required GPA. The minimum GPA for Auckland and Otago University is 6, which is equivalent to a B+ average.
You can find out more about each individual universities admissions process by visiting our university admissions page our visiting their website.
- Monash University Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences
- University of New South Wales Faculty of Medicine
- University of Newcastle Faculty of Health and Medicine
- University of Western Sydney Faculty of Health
- University of Queensland Faculty of Medicine
- Griffith University School of Medical Science
- James Cook University College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Bond University Faculty of Health Sciences and Medicine
- University of Adelaide Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
- University of Western Australia Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
- University of Tasmania School of Medicine
- University of Auckland Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences
- University of Otago Division of Health Sciences
- University of Melbourne - Melbourne Medical School
- Deakin University School of Medicine
- University of Sydney - Sydney Medical School
- University of Wollongong School of Medicine
- Griffith University School of Medicine
- Flinders University School of Medicine
- Australian National University Medical School
- Curtin University Medical School
- Charles Darwin University
- Charles Sturt University
Once you have paid for this service, login and upload your application (in Microsoft Word format) by clicking on 'My Purchases' and then Personal Statement.
- Each Application Review Service is valid for one application.
- Please ensure that you allow at least two working days to process your application.
- Applications must be submitted in Microsoft Word format. If they are submitted in any other format, it will be difficult to provide feedback.
Once your application is reviewed, it will be emailed back to you with feedback recorded using the 'Track Changes' feature of Microsoft Word.